Mozambican Pastor Fails To Break Jesus’ 40-Day Fasting Record, Dies Trying

February 16, 2023
Mozambican Fails To Break Jesus’ 40-Day Record, Dies Trying

A Mozambican Pastor, Francisco Barajah has died during his 40-day fasting attempt allegedly to break the record of Jesus on the biblical Mount of Olives.

According to the BBC, Barajah, the pastor and founder of Santa Trindade Evangelical in Mozambican central province of Manica Church, was confirmed dead on Wednesday.

Join our WhatsApp Channel

Relatives and friends of Barajah, became concerned about Barajah’s health as he visibly deteriorated, ultimately deciding to intervene in his fatal act of faith.

READ ALSO:Keep Tabs On 2023 Elections, Experts Charge Researchers, Journalists

His relatives and church members took him to the hospital for treatment as his condition kept deteriorating.

Barajah was reportedly receiving treatment at a hospital in Beira before he was pronounced dead. He had been rushed there in critical condition after 25 days of fasting.

Barajah’s neighbours said he got sick on the 25th day of his fast, his condition became worse on the 38th day.

The man of God had lost a lot of weight to the point where he could not stand up, bathe or walk, and efforts to help him regain his health, proved abortive.

Medics reportedly attempted to rehydrate and nourish Barajah with liquid foods, but to no avail. His followers were said to have expected the news of his death after seeing his extreme weight loss.

A local report of Barajah’s attempt to recreate the fast said he was foregoing water as well as food. The pastor, who also worked as a French school teacher, was said to have developed “severe anaemia,” had internal organ damage and was unable to digest food.

 

 

Somto Bisina
+ posts
What is in Buhari’s Handover Note?
Previous Story

7 Important Takeaways From Buhari’s Speech On Naira Policy

Next Story

UEL: Man United Holds Barcelona In Four-goal Thriller

Featured Stories

Latest from Africa

Tinubu Urges Release of South Sudan Vice-President

President Bola Tinubu has called for the immediate and unconditional release of South Sudan’s First Vice-President, Riek Machar, as part of efforts to revive the country’s stalled peace process. In a message delivered by Vice-President Kashim Shettima, Mr Tinubu said Nigeria remained

Morocco Earmarks $330m for Flood-Hit Northern Regions

The Morocco government has approved a 3bn dirham ($330m) emergency package to support communities in its northern provinces after weeks of unusually heavy rainfall triggered widespread flooding. In a statement on Thursday, the royal palace said King Mohammed VI had ordered a
What is in Buhari’s Handover Note?
Previous Story

7 Important Takeaways From Buhari’s Speech On Naira Policy

Next Story

UEL: Man United Holds Barcelona In Four-goal Thriller

Don't Miss

Heartbreak in Papiri: Father of 3 School Abductees Dies, Church, Atiku Criticise Security Failures

A parent of three pupils abducted from St. Mary’s Catholic

United Nations Envoys Walk Out On Russia Prime Minister

The global protests for Russia’s invasion of Ukraine took an