JAMB Closes 2023 UTME Registration

February 23, 2023
JAMB To Release 2024 UTME Results This Week

Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has said registration for this year’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) has ended after a one-week extension.

Head of Public Affairs and Protocol, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, announced this in a statement yesterday in Abuja.

Join our WhatsApp Channel

JAMB granted the extension to accommodate candidates who could not register within the allowable window of January 14 to February 14.

Benjamin said at the close of registration, about 1.6 million candidates had registered. “This number does not include Direct Entry component of the exercise, which started on Monday, February 20, before it was put on hold on Tuesday.

READ ALSO:JAMB Halts Registration For 2023 Direct Entry

“The board registrar’s monitoring team was in Nasarawa and Delta states on the final day to oversee its conclusion.

“In Asaba, Delta State, the team visited Trinity Innovation Hub CBT Centre; Delta State Polytechnic, Ogwashi-Uku CBT Centre 1 and 2; Delta State Library CBT and others.

“It was remarkable that none of these centres had any candidates waiting to be registered, indicating that almost all candidates who desired to register for the exercise had done so,” he said.

Benjamin also said the same situation happened in other centres in Nasarawa State as few candidates were seen at the centres a day to closing date. The JAMB spokesman said these were cleared before the close of work.

According to him, from every indication, this year’s exercise is the smoothest the board ever had. “However, based on reports from monitoring teams, the board will review its SIM number swap policy.

“This is because, it will require the telcos to confirm that the old SIM being put forward for swapping belonged to the applicant but had been issued to another person,” he said.

The JAMB spokesperson added that this would preclude the possibility of a “SIM welcome back” before such swapping would be approved.

Somto Bisina
+ posts

Featured Stories

Latest from News

Two Nollywood Crew Members Found Dead on Film Set

Shock has rippled through Nigeria’s film industry after two young men who helped bring movies to life were found dead inside a car at a film location in Lagos. Ekemini “GeeTee” Imeh, a respected lighting director, and his colleague Ayodeji Walter Odediran

Soludo Seals Shops for Two Weeks over Monday Sit-at-Home

The Anambra State Government has sealed dozens of shops at two major markets in Idemili North council area after traders failed to open for business on Monday, despite a directive to resume trading. The affected markets are the Building Materials Market in
Previous Story

AFCON U-20: Mozambique Coach Confident Of Finishing Above Flying Eagles

ECOWAS Observer Urges Buhari To Address Naira, Fuel Scarcity
Next Story

ECOWAS Observer Urges Buhari To Address Naira, Fuel Scarcity Before Election

Don't Miss

Coup Plot: Raid on Ex-Governor Timipre Sylva’s Abuja Home Confirms PBA Report

Fresh details have emerged confirming Prime Business Africa’s (PBA) earlier
The Pros And Cons Of Using A Press Release Distribution Service

The Pros And Cons Of Using A Press Release Distribution Service

If you are a Public Relations manager, you already know