COVID-19: Nigeria Records One Death, 272 New Infections

July 25, 2021
by
NCDC DG Chikwe Ihekweazu
NCDC DG Chikwe Ihekweazu

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) recorded one death and 272 coronavirus infections in Nigeria as of July 24.

The NCDC released the information on its website early on Sunday.

Join our WhatsApp Channel

The latest infections figure by the NCDC shows a decline, compared with 317 cases announced on July 23, an 18-week high in infections.

The nation’s public health agency said that COVID-19 related deaths in Nigeria, Africa’s most populated country currently stood at 2,132 since the pandemic hit the country.

It said that Nigeria had also tested more than 2.4 million samples for the virus out of the country’s population, estimated at 200 million.

The agency noted that Lagos State, Nigeria’s epi-centre of the disease and economic hub, again recorded the highest number of new infections with 182 confirmed cases.

Rivers, Nigeria’s oil capital, came a distant second with 34 positive samples and Ondo State coming third with 24 cases.

States that recorded fresh infections include Oyo State (10), Abia (7), Ogun (7), Ekiti State (5), Delta (2) and Plateau (1).

NCDC disclosed that three states, including Kaduna, Kano and Sokoto States recorded zero cases and that as at July 24, Nigeria’s COVID-19 active cases stood at 3,975.

The agency said that eight people were discharged on July 24 after recovering from the disease.

It noted that out of a total of 170,895 positive infections confirmed across the country, 164,788 patients had been discharged.

The agency also said that a multi-sectoral national emergency operations centre, activated at level 2, continues to coordinate national response activities.

+ posts
Godwin Emefiele
Previous Story

CBN Declares Nigerian Banks Safe

WhatsApp Image 2021 07 25 at 4.29.34 PM 2
Next Story

Photos From US’ Apple Inventor Kibuule’s Wedding To Nigeria’s Nneka Uzoh

Featured Stories

Latest from News

Troops Rescue 7 Kidnap Victims in Tsanyawa, 4 Still Missing

Troops of Operation MESA under the 3 Brigade of the Nigerian Army have rescued seven kidnapped victims during a late-night operation in Tsanyawa Local Government Area of Kano State. A statement issued on Sunday by the Assistant Director, Army Public Relations, Captain
Godwin Emefiele
Previous Story

CBN Declares Nigerian Banks Safe

WhatsApp Image 2021 07 25 at 4.29.34 PM 2
Next Story

Photos From US’ Apple Inventor Kibuule’s Wedding To Nigeria’s Nneka Uzoh

Don't Miss

Peter Obi Hails Chef Grace Nwaokobia For Breaking Guinness World Record

Peter Obi Hails Chef Grace Nwaokobia For Breaking Guinness World Record

Presidential candidate of the Labour Party in the 2023 general
summit

Tinubu Advocates Equitable Access To Capital Markets For Developing Countries

On January 19, 2024, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu underlined the