’133 Passengers Onboard’ – AeroContractors Reacts To Abuja Airport Runway Accident

November 12, 2023
Abuja Airport Runway Accident

Aero Contractors says it is cooperating with the relevant agencies of the government following a runway incursion involving one of its aircraft at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (NAIA) in Abuja on Sunday.

Prime Business Africa had reported the Nigerian Safety Investigation Bureau (NSIB) confirmed the “serious accident” where the Aero Contractors airplane upon arriving from Lagos while attempting to exit the runway via A4 had its nose wheel stuck in the grass verge with its fuselage on the runway.

Join our WhatsApp Channel

Reacting to the incident in a statement sent to our correspondent, the Managing Director of Aero Contractors, Capt. Ado Sanusi disclosed that all passengers were safely evacuated through a controlled disembarkation.

He added that the Flight NG 119 with a registered Boeing 737 aircraft 5N-BYQ from Lagos to Abuja had a total of 133 passengers on board.

“We apologise for the inconveniences caused to our customers and other airport users. Our team with the assistance of the airport management have already towed the aircraft from the taxiway.

“We are equally cooperating with the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) and the National Safety Investigation Bureau (NSIB) as they carry out their investigations.

“Our mantra in Aero Contractors is safety, and our long history is a testimony to this,” Sanusi said in the statement titled AERO CONTRACTORS COOPERATING WITH RELEVANT AGENCIES ON RUNWAY INCURSION INCIDENT.

+ posts
malud
Previous Story

Popular Pastor Speaks Inside Kaduna Central Mosque, Explains Why He Attends Maulud

Kogi Guber: INEC To Conduct Fresh Election In Some Polling Units On November 18 Over Irregularities
Next Story

Kogi Guber: INEC To Conduct Fresh Election In 59 Polling Units On November 18 Over Irregularities

Featured Stories

Latest from News

Nigerians Lured Into Foreign Wars, FG Warns

The federal government has warned that a growing number of Nigerians are being recruited under false pretences to fight in armed conflicts abroad. In a statement on Sunday, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said some Nigerians had been promised well-paid jobs, security work,

Tinubu Sends Shettima to Kano after Singer Market Fire

President Bola Tinubu has asked Vice-President Kashim Shettima to lead a federal government delegation to the northern city of Kano to commiserate with traders affected by a major fire at the Singer Market. The blaze, which started on Saturday evening and burned
malud
Previous Story

Popular Pastor Speaks Inside Kaduna Central Mosque, Explains Why He Attends Maulud

Kogi Guber: INEC To Conduct Fresh Election In Some Polling Units On November 18 Over Irregularities
Next Story

Kogi Guber: INEC To Conduct Fresh Election In 59 Polling Units On November 18 Over Irregularities

Don't Miss

Financial Inclusion Key To Realising Nigeria's $1trn Economy Target - Cardoso

Why CBN Adopted Market-based Approach In Managing Forex – Cardoso

Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Olayemi Cardoso, has advanced
Shareholders Remember Wigwe, Others At Access Holdings Annual General Meeting

Access Bank GMD, Herbert Wigwe, Suffers Investment Loss, Tightens Control Over Firm

The value of investment owned in Access Bank by the