FCT Postpones School Resumption To Sept 19

September 10, 2021

Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Muhammad Bello, has announced a new resumption date for schools in Abuja.

In a statement issued by the FCT Education Secretariat, all schools are now expected to resume on the 19th of September, be them Christian, Muslim, State-run or private-owned.

Join our WhatsApp Channel

The minister mentioned that the resumption date was shifted due to the high cases of insecurity in the state. He noted that the schools in neighboring states were being targeted by kidnappers seeing huge ransoms, and so far, over 1,100 pupils have been kidnapped from schools in the north, especially in Kaduna and Niger.

Many schools which already resumed have sent their students back home to await the new resumption date.

+ posts

Featured Stories

Latest from News

4 Dead, 17 Injured in LPG Tanker Explosion on Santiago Highway

At least four people were killed and 17 others injured Thursday morning after a liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) tanker truck overturned and exploded along Route 5 North at the intersection with General Velásquez in the Renca district of Santiago. Authorities said the

El-Rufai: Dadiyata’s Wife Appeals for Help

“We pray that one day, he will come back,” Kadijah, wife of missing lecturer Abubakar Idris, popularly known as Dadiyata, said in a video interview with Ambassador-designate Reno Omokri. She appealed to Nigerians to help find her husband, whose whereabouts remain unknown
PWCAfrica
Previous Story

PwcAfrica Unrolls New Strategy To Boost Its Global Workforce

Next Story

Oil Marketers Pledge Support To Federal Government

Don't Miss

INEC Finally Declares Alex Otti Winner Of Abia Guber Election

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has finally declared the

Africa should rethink business models for impact and sustainability

Article by Babatunde Oyateru Corporate Identity Crisis NAIROBI, Kenya, 15