AFTER more than nine hours of meeting behind closed doors on Friday through Saturday morning, the Federal Government and members of the Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors(NARD) met again on Saturday.
Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige, said that all issues in contention have been deliberated and agreed upon.
He said the N4.802bn provided in the 2021 supplementary budget had been taken from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and sent to the Budget Office for processing.
But the striking doctors were still not satisfied with the Memorandum of Agreement printed by the government for their signatures, journalists were later asked to exit the meeting.
Recently the Federal Government dragged the striking doctors to the Industrial Court of Nigeria for intervention.
The Federal Government has threatened to implement a ‘no work, no pay’ policy even as negotiations between both parties continue.