Resident Doctors To Hold Meeting In Benin As Strike Continues

August 24, 2021
Resident doctors
Resident doctors

The Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors says it will continue with the ongoing strike as it has not been served with any court judgment.

Reacting to the order issued by the National Industrial Court, Abuja, on Mony, President of NARD, Dr. Osakhuesuyi Uyilawa, said they were yet to receive any court order and could not, therefore, comment on the issue based on social media report.

Join our WhatsApp Channel

The President Association of Resident Doctors (ARD) LUTH Chapter, Dr. Femi Hassan, said following directives from the national exco, the strike would continue.

Hassan said the national executive council of NARD would hold a meeting in Benin on Wednesday to review the progress made so far and chart a way forward.

Judge John Targema of the Industrial Court of Nigeria had on Monday ordered the striking doctors to suspend the strike and go back to work.

 

+ posts

Featured Stories

Latest from News

Ford Foundation President Concludes First Official Visit to Nigeria

The President of the Ford Foundation, Heather Gerken, has concluded her first official visit to Nigeria, reaffirming the foundation’s 65-year partnership with the country and its commitment to advancing democracy, human rights and social justice across West Africa. During her visit, Gerken

Kenya to Begin Administering HIV Prevention Drug

Kenya will begin rolling out a new HIV-prevention drug in March, in what health officials have described as a major step forward in the fight against the virus. The drug, lenacapavir, is taken just twice a year and has been shown in
2023 Elections: Governors, Candidates Who Won, Lost At Supreme Court

Ebonyi Governor Eases Curfew After Deadly Attack

The governor of Ebonyi State, Francis Nwifuru, has relaxed a curfew in Amasiri, in Afikpo Local Government Area, following a deadly attack in a neighbouring community. The new curfew now runs from 6pm to 7am, replacing the earlier restriction that kept residents
The Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA), the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) and three other agencies have been accused of illegal auction of Federal Government properties. 
Previous Story

N1.33trn Revenue Target For NCS Too Low – Reps

WhatsApp Image 2021 07 17 at 3.03.50 PM
Next Story

Our Determined Walk To Agu Awka: Updates And The Way Forward

Don't Miss

Bridging The Gaps To Safeguard The Future Of Hybrid Work 

Why Employee Collaboration Is Key For Cybersecurity  

Many will hate to admit it, but it seems that,

France’s Version Of EFCC Raids 2024 Olympics Headquarters In Paris

Organisers of the Paris 2024 Olympics on Thursday revealed that