Sack Malami Or Face Mass Protests, Northern Youths Tell FG

August 26, 2021
NYCON
Northern Youths Demand The Sack of Abubakar Malami

THE Northern Youths Council of Nigeria (NYCON) has asked the Federal Government to sack the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami.

National President of NYCON, Comrade Isah Abubakar, stated that “the office of the Attorney General should be occupied by a proactive and more intelligent person than the snail-paced and docile Malami.”

Join our WhatsApp Channel

NYCON on Thursday gave a 14-day ultimatum to the Federal Government to reveal the identities of those sponsoring terrorists financially or face a mass protest.

Abubakar said the group’s reaction was based on Channels Television’s programme,  ‘Sunrise Daily’ on Wednesday where a guest, Kunle Olawunmi, a retired Navy Commodore and a Professor of Intelligence and Global Security Studies, alleged that a senior member of the government has connections with Boko Haram.

The Northern group maintained that the weighty allegation if not properly treated through deliberate government efforts, was capable of further polarising the country  already faced with different secessionist agitations.

Read also: Odua Ditches PDP For APC

The group called on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately sack Malami who had earlier brought the issue of the sponsors of insecurity to the public domain with the promise of unveiling their identities but failed to do so.

The group said it would protest across the 19 northern states and the Federal Capital Territory if its demands were not met.

 

+ posts

Featured Stories

Latest from News

Troops Rescue 7 Kidnap Victims in Tsanyawa, 4 Still Missing

Troops of Operation MESA under the 3 Brigade of the Nigerian Army have rescued seven kidnapped victims during a late-night operation in Tsanyawa Local Government Area of Kano State. A statement issued on Sunday by the Assistant Director, Army Public Relations, Captain
NNPCL Denies Inflating Fuel Subsidy Payments
Previous Story

NNPC Justifies FG’s 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery

Channels TV
Next Story

NBC Queries Channels TV Over Ortom’s Interview

Don't Miss

stockexchange

CAPHOTEL, NCR Top Gainers Chart For Equities On NGX

At the close of business on Wednesday July 14, 2021,
Abike Dabike Not In UK, Never Secured Release Of Obi - NiDCOM

Abike Dabiri Not In UK, Never Secured Release Of Obi – NiDCOM

The Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NiDCOM) has dismissed as “fake