Maiduguri Flood: Obi, Datti, Other LP Chieftains Visit Borno, Donate N50m

September 19, 2024
Obi and Datti LP members visit Borno

Leadership of the Labour Party and the Obidient Movement on Tuesday visited Maiduguri, the Borno State capital to commiserate with the state over the flood disaster that occurred last week.

The Labour Party delegation included the presidential candidate of the party in the 2023 general election, Mr Peter Obi, National caretaker Committee Chairman, Senator Nenadi Usman, Obi’s running Mate in the 2023 polls, Dr Datti Baba-Ahmed, the National Coordinator of the Obidient Movement, Dr Yunusa Tanko and other leaders of the party.

Join our WhatsApp Channel

In a statement via his verified X handle, Obi said the team made an initial donation of N50 million to the state government, adding that they would offer more support going forward.

He said the team visited the state Governor, Babagana Zulum, the Shehu of Borno, Abubakar Ibn Umar Garba Al Amin El-Kanemi, an IDP camp in Government College where thousands of people affected by the flood are staying temporarily, and the Bank of the North spare parts market where traders lost their goods.

Obi said the party is committed to supporting those affected by the devastating floods in Borno State, assuring them that are not left alone.

“To demonstrate our solidarity, we have made an initial donation of ₦50M to the state government. But our support doesn’t stop there.

READ ALSO: Maiduguri Flood: Zulum Worries Over Reports That Boko Haram Leaders May Have Escaped From Prison

“We will continue to stand with the people of Borno, providing aid and resources to help them rebuild and recover from this tragedy.

“As the people of Borno navigate this challenging time, we want them to know they are not alone. We are dedicated to helping alleviate the suffering and hardship caused by the floods, which have submerged over half of Maiduguri and displaced thousands of residents.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with the affected families, and we will do everything in our power to support them,” Obi stated.

He thanked the Federal Government, the state, and others, including individuals and organisations for their intervention and support for the affected people.

He prayed that God will grant eternal rest to those who lost their lives, replenish the losses of those who lost their goods, and grant quick healing to those still in the hospital.

Victor Ezeja

Victor Ezeja is a passionate journalist with seven years of experience writing on economy, politics and energy. He holds a Master's degree in Mass Communication.

South Africa Strengthens the Right to Education
Previous Story

South Africa Strengthens the Right to Education

how to start an email list
Next Story

How to Build an Email List Without a Website

Featured Stories

Latest from News

UBA Mourns Former Chairman, Chief Israel Ogbue, at 99

Chief Israel C. Ogbue, former Chairman of United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, has died at the age of 99, Prime Business Africa reports. The Board of Directors, Management and Staff of UBA announced his passing in a statement on Wednesday, describing

Police Arrest TikTok User Mirabel Over Alleged Rape Claims

The Ogun State Police Command  has arrested a TikTok user, known as Mirabel, after an investigation found her viral claims of sexual assault were fabricated. Prime Business Africa had reported the Mirabel rape allegation when she was called upon by the Lagos
South Africa Strengthens the Right to Education
Previous Story

South Africa Strengthens the Right to Education

how to start an email list
Next Story

How to Build an Email List Without a Website

Don't Miss

LEKKI SHOOTING

EDITORIAL: As Lekki Shooting Propaganda Gathers Momentum

Nigerians who awaited federal government’s response to the report on
Editorial: Buhari’s Unclaimed Funds Trust Fund

I Will Crush Terrorism Before Leaving Office – Buhari Vows

For everyone thinking President Muhammadu Buhari will leave office