In the wake of the juice President-elect Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu now stews in, we dare ask: “How many quotes do you know about BAT as he is fondly called?
Indeed, quotes often open the eyes and the mind to understand truths and acknowledge things you otherwise would have missed. They let you see life from another, wider perspective and in this sense, they expand the mind in every meaning of the word.
Interestingly, what you didn’t know about reading quotes is that quotes can improve how you feel and change your mood for the better.
READ ALSO: Obi Criticises Blinken’s Call To Tinubu, Urges U.S. To Wait For Court To Decide Winner Of 2023 Poll
More importantly, reading quotes from great people ultimately gives you a first-hand feel into the core values and virtues of the persons who said them. Simply, this translates that if you read beautiful quotes like those from Nigeria’s 2023 president-elect, you would have known him fully even without meeting him live.
Very well then. Though Tinubu has demonstrated himself through quotes in the past, we must recall his statement of his bragging of being a topline kingmaker in the country.
Just recently during the electioneering campaigns, BAT had boasted: “If not for me that led the war front, Buhari won’t have emerged. He contested first, second and third times, but lost. He even said on television that he won’t contest again.
Of course, President Muhammadu Buhari, who just decorated him and his Vice President-elect Kashim Shettima with the highest honorary title in the land, is keen on handing the reins of power over to him, even as two front-line candidates, Peter Obi, Atiku Abubakar, are in court challenging Tinubu’s controversial victory.
“But I went to his home in Kaduna, I told him you would run. This is not a matter of tears. I will stand with you and you will win but you won’t joke with the matters of the Yorubas.”
“Since he has emerged I have not been appointed Minister. I didn’t get nor request a contract. This time, it’s Yoruba’s turn and in Yorubaland, it’s my turn.”
This statement has since been greeted with mixed reactions with more of the comments, unfavourable to the Tinubu brand. Oh well, let’s make this matter for another time.
Take a look at quotes you probably didn’t know were Tinubu’s.
See just five out of them all.
- “I use the best hand, the best brain, the best experience for the job.” ~Bola Tinubu
- “We must make concerted efforts to banish poverty from Nigeria. To rid Nigeria of poverty is indeed a task that must be done.” ~Bola Tinubu
- “The hallmark of every nation is the wellbeing of its citizens.” ~Bola Tinubu
- Education is the greatest weapon against poverty. We cannot innovate without education. We need a leader that is a thinker and a doer.” ~Bola Tinubu
- “When you take away the right of citizens to fair hearing in any democracy, you have committed a crime, and you have set the nation on the path of instability and destruction.” ~Bola Tinubu
Now, tell us in the comments. Did you ever know these quotes came from Asiwaju? Bet you didn’t!
To drift away, what do you think about Tinubu’s claim that he made Buhari president?