Breaking: Kevin De Bruyne Faces Prolonged Absence After Severe Hamstring Injury

Manchester City Contemplates Surgery
August 15, 2023


In a shocking development, Manchester City’s star midfielder Kevin De Bruyne, is set to be sidelined for an extended period following a severe hamstring injury.

The club’s manager Pep Guardiola, confirmed that the injury is more serious than initially thought, with De Bruyne facing “a few months out” from competitive action.

The 32-year-old had already been dealing with hamstring issues, as he was forced off during the Champions League final against Inter Milan in June and subsequently missed the entirety of the pre-season.

De Bruyne’s return to the pitch in recent matches gave fans a glimmer of hope, but it was short-lived. The Belgian playmaker, who captained the team in the Premier League opener against Burnley, lasted only 23 minutes before signaling to the bench that he had experienced discomfort.

Guardiola, speaking ahead of the UEFA Super Cup clash against Sevilla, expressed the gravity of the situation. “It’s a serious injury. We have to decide surgery or not surgery, but a few months out,” he revealed, underlining the difficult decision that the club faces.

The manager’s frustration was evident when discussing the circumstances that led to De Bruyne’s setback. Guardiola highlighted the truncated pre-season schedule following City’s triumphant treble-winning campaign as a factor that might have contributed to the injury. “Give me 25 days of preparation, and you will not be injured,” he lamented. Guardiola’s remarks pointed to the challenges of managing players’ fitness after a demanding season.

While De Bruyne’s absence is a major blow for Manchester City, Guardiola remains hopeful about the team’s prospects. The decision regarding surgery is imminent, and it could potentially keep the midfielder out of action for “three or four months,” according to Guardiola’s assessment.

City’s immediate plans and potential replacements for De Bruyne are currently under review. Guardiola indicated that discussions with the club’s director of football, Txiki Begiristain, are on the horizon as they assess the available options.
The football world watches with bated breath as Manchester City navigates this setback and prepares to tackle the challenges posed by De Bruyne’s absence in the coming months.

Join our WhatsApp Channel

Emmanuel Ochayi

Emmanuel Ochayi is a journalist. He is a graduate of the University of Lagos, School of first choice and the nations pride. Emmanuel is keen on exploring writing angles in different areas, including Business, climate change, politics, Education, and others.

From Ukraine To Niger: Any Lessons For Puppet ECOWAS?
Previous Story

Niger Junta Lacks Legitimacy To Prosecute President Bazoum, Says Exiled Minister

Next Story

Transfer News: Arsenal Signs Raya On Season Long Loan

Featured Stories

Latest from Sports

Tertiary Education in Nigeria

Giants Real Madrid Becoming Teeters

Ordinarily, there ought to be no big deal about Real Madrid or a strong reason to single them out of the hundreds of football teams in Europe. But lately, their uneasy dance towards weak displays, and their constant shift away from their
caf

CAF Sanctions Senegal, Morocco Over Chaotic AFCON 2025 Final

The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has imposed heavy sanctions on the Fédération Sénégalaise de Football (FSF), the Fédération Royale Marocaine de Football (FRMF), as well as several players and officials, following a series of heated incidents that overshadowed the Total Energies

Ex-Fifa President Backs US World Cup Boycott Over Security Concerns

Former Fifa president Sepp Blatter has urged football fans to reconsider travelling to the United States for this year’s World Cup, citing concerns over security and recent incidents linked to immigration enforcement. Mr Blatter said he agreed with comments by Swiss anti-corruption
From Ukraine To Niger: Any Lessons For Puppet ECOWAS?
Previous Story

Niger Junta Lacks Legitimacy To Prosecute President Bazoum, Says Exiled Minister

Next Story

Transfer News: Arsenal Signs Raya On Season Long Loan

Don't Miss

Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodinma on Tuesday organised a bouquet in honour of President Muhammadu Buhari who visited the state to commission some projects.

(Video) Gov Uzodinma Hosts Banquet For Buhari In Owerri

Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodinma on Tuesday organised a banquet
Nigeria's minister of Foreign Affairs Yusuf Tuggar

Nigeria Opens Diplomatic Talks as Burkina Faso Holds NAF Aircraft, 11 Soldiers After Contested Landing

The Federal Government has intensified diplomatic efforts to secure the