Boko Haram Kills Two Soldiers, Civilians In Borno Attack

April 19, 2025

A community in Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno State was attacked by suspected Boko Haram terrorists on Thursday night, killing two soldiers and an unspecified number of civilians.

The insurgents reportedly attacked a military formation stationed in the area. Before reinforcements from the nearby town of Gwoza could arrive. According to a military source, the assailants had caused significant damage before reinforcements could come.

Join our WhatsApp Channel

While reacting to the incident, Senator representing Borno South, Ali Ndume, said the attack is a very tragic one, coming just after the internally displaced people (IDPs) had been resettled in the community called Yamtake.

Ndume confirmed that the terrorists also tried to enter Gwoza town, but were repelled.

by soldiers from the 26 Task Force Brigade under the command of Brigadier General Nasir Abdullahi.

Ndume commended the troops for their bravery and selflessness in fighting the attackers and urged the federal government to create an Armed Community Defense force to aid local security efforts. Although hunters, vigilantes, and members of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) were dedicated, he emphasized, they lacked the necessary weapons to take on well-armed terrorists.

READ ALSO: Boko Haram Terrorists Release Remaining 23 Abuja-Kaduna Train Passengers

The senator also reaffirmed that in order to successfully fight the insurgency that still afflicts the Northeast, the military must deploy Technology, Equipment, Arms, Ammunition, and Motivation (TEAAM).

This year has seen a number of fatal cases, including the most recent attack. On April 12, an insurgent planted an explosive along the Damboa-Maiduguri Road, which struck a commercial vehicle, killing eight passengers and injuring 17 more.

Victor Ezeja

Victor Ezeja is a passionate journalist with seven years of experience writing on economy, politics and energy. He holds a Master's degree in Mass Communication.

Previous Story

Tinubu’s Census Committee Lacks Proper National Representation – HURIWA

Next Story

Anambra Guber: Ozigbo Sues APC Over April 5 Primary

Featured Stories

Latest from News

4 Dead, 17 Injured in LPG Tanker Explosion on Santiago Highway

At least four people were killed and 17 others injured Thursday morning after a liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) tanker truck overturned and exploded along Route 5 North at the intersection with General Velásquez in the Renca district of Santiago. Authorities said the

El-Rufai: Dadiyata’s Wife Appeals for Help

“We pray that one day, he will come back,” Kadijah, wife of missing lecturer Abubakar Idris, popularly known as Dadiyata, said in a video interview with Ambassador-designate Reno Omokri. She appealed to Nigerians to help find her husband, whose whereabouts remain unknown

At Least 33 Killed in Kebbi State Cattle-Rustling Attack

At least 33 people have been killed in an attack on Bui District in Arewa Local Government Area, Kebbi State, police have confirmed. Spokesman Bashir Usman said suspected cattle rustlers, believed to be Lakurawa militants, carried out the assault after crossing into
Previous Story

Tinubu’s Census Committee Lacks Proper National Representation – HURIWA

Next Story

Anambra Guber: Ozigbo Sues APC Over April 5 Primary

Don't Miss

Worries As Oil Price Crash, Low Production Threaten Nigeria’s 2025 Budget

Nigeria’s Crude Oil Production Declines To 1.4mbpd In Q2 – NBS

NBS Report Highlights Drop in Crude Oil Production The Nigeria
IMG WA

Man United, Bayern, PSG, Sevilla Turn Down European Super League Offer

Several European clubs on Thursday turned down the opportunity of