Stock Market: Nigerian bourse’s market valuation dropped to N28.64 trillion on Wednesday, declining by -0.02 per cent or N7.02 billion from N28.65 trillion reported on Tuesday.
In the same vein, the All-Share Index depreciated to 52,599.65 ASI, losing 12.9 basis points from the previous day’s 52,612.55 ASI.
It was learnt that investors traded 119.84 million shares for N2.68 billion in 3,552 deals on Wednesday.
This was below the 182.39 million shares, worth N4.82 billion, that were exchanged in 3,470 deals on Tuesday.
Top five gainers
- RT Briscoe’s shares appreciated by 10 per cent to rise from N0.30kobo to N0.33kobo per share
- Tripple Gee grew by 10 per cent, up from N0.80kobo to N0.88kobo per share
- Chellarams ended trading with N1.65kobo from N1.50kobo per share, rising by N0.15kobo.
- Okomu Oil gained N16.10kobo to end trading at N181.10kobo, having opened with N165 per share.
- Caverton stock was up by 8.42 per cent, closing with N1.03 from N0.95kobo per share
Top five losers
- Thomas Wyatt depreciated by N0.14kobo, dwindling from N1.45kobo to N1.31kobo per share.
- Cornerstone also fell by 6.90 per cent to end trading at N0.54kobo, after opening with N0.58kobo per share.
- Geregu followed the same path, losing N8.40kobo after trading hours, to sell at N134 from N142.40kobo per share.
- Honeywell Flour reported a decline of N0.12kobo from the previous day’s share price of N2.33kobo to end trading at N2.21kobo per share.
- CWG share depreciated to N0.90kobo from N0.94kobo, after losing 4.26 per cent during trading hours.
Top five trading equities in the stock exchange
- Mutual Benefit reported 11.25 million shares valued at N3.86 million were traded on its floor
- Transcorp recorded 8.75 million shares valued at N10.60 million
- Geregu saw investors trade 8.53 million of its shares valued at N1.14 billion
- FBN Holdings recorded 7.69 million shares exchanged on its floor, worth N89.81 million
- GTCO reported 6.71 million shares valued at N161.99 million exchanged in investors’ hands