Nigerian bourse closed with N30.40 trillion market capitalisation on Tuesday, 28 February 2023, up from N30.14 trillion reported the previous day.
This shows N260.30 billion growth in the total investment value within the country’s stock market.
Also, the All-Share Index appreciated to 55,806.26 ASI after adding 477.84 basis points to the 55,328.42 ASI it closed Monday with.
On the exchange floor, about 237.17 million shares, worth N2.50 billion, exchanged investors’ hands on Tuesday, in 2,820 deals.
It contrasted with the 149.78 million shares traded in 3,186 deals, worth N1.54 billion, on Monday.
Top five gainers
- MRS share appreciated by N3.35kobo to rise from N33.50kobo to N36.85kobo per share
- Stanbic IBTC grew by N3.75kobo, up from N37.95kobo to N41.70kobo per share
- C&I Leasing ended trading with N3.98kobo from N3.63kobo per share, rising by N0.35kobo.
- Oando gained N0.40kobo to end trading at N4.80kobo, having opened with N4.40kobo per share.
- McNichols stock was up by 9.09 per cent, closing with N0.72kobo from N0.66kobo per share
Top five losers
- Multiverse depreciated by N0.44kobo, dwindling from N4.40kobo to N3.96kobo per share.
- CWG also fell by 9.09 per cent to end trading at N0.90kobo, after opening with N0.99kobo per share.
- Flour Mill followed the same path, losing N2.95kobo after trading hours, to sell at N32 from N34.95kobo per share.
- Chams reported a decline of 7.14 per cent from the previous day’s share price of N0.28kobo to end trading at N0.26kobo per share.
- RT Briscoe’s share depreciated to N0.27kobo from N0.28kobo, after losing 3.57 per cent during trading hours.
Top five trading equities in the stock exchange
- Fidelity Bank reported 39.97 million shares valued at N201.97 million were traded on its floor
- Zenith Bank recorded 34.24 million shares valued at N907.53 million
- Oando saw investors trade 22.56 million of its shares valued at N109.09 million
- Transcorp recorded 17.82 million shares exchanged on its floor, worth N23.26 million
- GTCO reported 10.36 million shares, valued at N274.65 million, exchanged investors’ hands