Ex-Nigerian Observer GM, Aigbe, For Burial Today In Benin

April 24, 2025

A former General Manager of Bendel Newspapers Company Limited (BNCL), publishers of The Observer titles, Monday Ogbemudia Aigbe, will be buried today in Benin City, Edo State.

Aigbe passed on last month after a brief illness at the age of 65 years.

Join our WhatsApp Channel

According to the burial arrangement released by the family, Aigbe’s body will be moved from the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) mortuary to NUJ Complex No. 1 Reservation road off Sapele road in the morning, and then to his residence at 3 Ekhaguere street, off Anigboro Street, Uselu, Benin city.

There will be a service of songs at 3 pm and thereafter, interment follows.

In line with their tradition, entertainment of guests will be held on Saturday 26th April, at 12 noon at Days Joyce hotel and event centre, Benin city.  Thanksgiving will be on Sunday, 27th April, at 10am at Jesus Breeds Ministries Int’I Inc, 4-16 Osayi street, off Ewah road, upper mission, Benin city.

As a staff of Bendel Newspapers Company Limited, Aigbe rose through the ranks from a Reporter to the position of Editor-in-Chief of The Nigerian Observer. He retired as a General Manager of the state owned newspaper.

READ ALSO: NCDMB Achievements

He was also a lecturer in the Mass Communication Department, Delta State University, Abraka.

He studied Mass Communication at the University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN), and graduated in 1988.

He is survived by his wife, children, relations, friends and well wishers.

Ex-Nigerian Observer GM, Aigbe, For Burial Today In Benin

Victor Ezeja

Victor Ezeja is a passionate journalist with seven years of experience writing on economy, politics and energy. He holds a Master's degree in Mass Communication.

Previous Story

AIICO Insurance’s profit falls below N16.72bn forecast

Next Story

NCDMB Visits MT Group’s Facilities, Pledges Support For Firm’s Valves Manufacturing Plans

Featured Stories

Latest from News

4 Dead, 17 Injured in LPG Tanker Explosion on Santiago Highway

At least four people were killed and 17 others injured Thursday morning after a liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) tanker truck overturned and exploded along Route 5 North at the intersection with General Velásquez in the Renca district of Santiago. Authorities said the

El-Rufai: Dadiyata’s Wife Appeals for Help

“We pray that one day, he will come back,” Kadijah, wife of missing lecturer Abubakar Idris, popularly known as Dadiyata, said in a video interview with Ambassador-designate Reno Omokri. She appealed to Nigerians to help find her husband, whose whereabouts remain unknown

At Least 33 Killed in Kebbi State Cattle-Rustling Attack

At least 33 people have been killed in an attack on Bui District in Arewa Local Government Area, Kebbi State, police have confirmed. Spokesman Bashir Usman said suspected cattle rustlers, believed to be Lakurawa militants, carried out the assault after crossing into
Previous Story

AIICO Insurance’s profit falls below N16.72bn forecast

Next Story

NCDMB Visits MT Group’s Facilities, Pledges Support For Firm’s Valves Manufacturing Plans

Don't Miss

UBA Targets 45% Deposit Growth In 2024

UBA Targets 45% Deposit Growth In 2024

Group Managing Director, United Bank for Africa (UBA) Group, Mr

HOMEF Tasks Ogoni Communities To Monitor Their Environment

Health of Mother Earth Foundation (HOMEF), has charged members of