Federal Government Lauds Team Nigeria Ahead Athletics World Championship

July 9, 2023

 

 

Join our WhatsApp Channel

As the National Trials for the Athletics World Championship ends in Benin City, Edo State capital, the Federal Government in a statement signed by Mohsmed Manga, the Director, Press and Public Relations, applauded Team Nigeria for qualifying in hurdles, relay and other events.

The Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Sports and Youth Development, Alhaji Ismaila Abubakar who applauded them today expressed optimism that the Team will make the nation proud at Budapest

He charged the athletes to remain focused and also put in their best with a view to ensuring podium finishes during the Competition.

Alhaji Ismaila assured that the Ministry will continue to support the nation’s athletes in their local and International events through the deployment of all necessary administrative procedures to enhance their performances

He therefore called on the Athletics Federation of Nigeria (AFN) and the technical crew in particular to bring in their wealth of experience to bear in ensuring the success of the Team at the World Championship.

Some of the events that Nigeria has qualified for, so far, include Hurdles (Women), Long Jump, 100M and N200M (Men and Women), 4 x 1m (Women), Men’s Shotput, Discus Women, Triple Jump (Women) 4 x 4 Mixed Relay and Hammer for Women.

Izuchukwu Okosi

Izuchukwu Okosi is a Nigerian sports and entertainment journalist with two decades of experience in the media industry having begun his media journey in 2002 as an intern at Mundial Sports International (MSI) and Africa Independent Television (AIT), owners of Daar Communications Plc.

Previous Story

2023 African U-21 Nations Volleyball Championship: Nigeria Defeats Benin Rep, Faces Ghana In Final

Governor Peter Mbah
Next Story

Enugu Gov’ship Election: NYSC Tenders Documents Against Mbah To Support Labour Party’s Petition

Featured Stories

Latest from News

Japan Fulfils Pledge to US in Lower Tariff Deal

The United States has announced the first wave of Japanese investments under a $550bn trade agreement that saw Washington cut tariffs on imports from Tokyo. US President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that Japan had committed $36bn to three major infrastructure projects

Southern Rulers Split Over Council Claim

A disagreement broke out on Tuesday in Abuja between two of Nigeria’s prominent traditional rulers over the existence and legitimacy of the Southern Nigerian Traditional Rulers’ Council. The Ogbunechendo of Ezema Olo Kingdom in Enugu State, Lawrence Agubuzu, told participants at the
Previous Story

2023 African U-21 Nations Volleyball Championship: Nigeria Defeats Benin Rep, Faces Ghana In Final

Governor Peter Mbah
Next Story

Enugu Gov’ship Election: NYSC Tenders Documents Against Mbah To Support Labour Party’s Petition

Don't Miss

AU Returns Obasanjo As Envoy To Horn Of Africa, Amid Tigray Protest

AU Returns Obasanjo As Envoy To Horn Of Africa, Amid Tigray Protest

AU (African Union), on Saturday, announced that the tenure of

Twitter’s Lawyer Gives Update On Elon Musk’s Acquisition Plan

Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz, the law firm hired by