Video Update: Man Overrun By Police Vehicle Still Alive!

July 2, 2023

The Nigerian man who police officers handcuffed and overran with patrol vehicle has been found to be alive and recuperating in an unidentified hospital after he sustained serious injuries during the attack.

The police patrol team in Ekpoma, Esan West Local Government Area of Edo State, was said to have handcuffed the man and ran over him with a Toyota Sienna car as seen in a trending video on Friday June 30, 2023.

Join our WhatsApp Channel

The man was seen handcuffed and lying stretched in front of police patrol vehicle when the driver ran over him despite amid shouts and intervention efforts by  a crowd.

Although the reason for such a cruel attack on the man was not immediately known, the police in later announced that the irate officers had been arrested and would be made to face the full weight of the law.

 

The incident has drawn wide condemnation across the country.

Spokesman of the Edo State Police Command, SP Chidi Nwabuzor, said the policemen had been arrested for engaging in such a barbaric act.

READ ALSO: Video: Edo Police Handcuff Man, Overrun Him With Patrol Van

A new video, as sighted by Prime Business Africa on Saturday showed the man limping around a hospital ward where he was admitted. He presented leg, arm and other bodily in juries, including a possible wound on his head.

Watch the video here:

The man was seen with bandages wrapped around his neck, and chest, down to the abdominal region; the right leg and the left arm where he sustained  injuries when the car climbed in on  and dragged him a few metres.

Victor Ezeja

Victor Ezeja is a passionate journalist with seven years of experience writing on economy, politics and energy. He holds a Master's degree in Mass Communication.

Previous Story

Anambra Law Student Wins 2023 Princess Diana Award

Lagos Serial Building Collapse, Ethnic Politics And Igbo Outcry
Next Story

Lagos Serial Building Collapse, Ethnic Politics And The Igbo Outcry

Featured Stories

Latest from News

Ford Foundation President Concludes First Official Visit to Nigeria

The President of the Ford Foundation, Heather Gerken, has concluded her first official visit to Nigeria, reaffirming the foundation’s 65-year partnership with the country and its commitment to advancing democracy, human rights and social justice across West Africa. During her visit, Gerken

Kenya to Begin Administering HIV Prevention Drug

Kenya will begin rolling out a new HIV-prevention drug in March, in what health officials have described as a major step forward in the fight against the virus. The drug, lenacapavir, is taken just twice a year and has been shown in
2023 Elections: Governors, Candidates Who Won, Lost At Supreme Court

Ebonyi Governor Eases Curfew After Deadly Attack

The governor of Ebonyi State, Francis Nwifuru, has relaxed a curfew in Amasiri, in Afikpo Local Government Area, following a deadly attack in a neighbouring community. The new curfew now runs from 6pm to 7am, replacing the earlier restriction that kept residents
Previous Story

Anambra Law Student Wins 2023 Princess Diana Award

Lagos Serial Building Collapse, Ethnic Politics And Igbo Outcry
Next Story

Lagos Serial Building Collapse, Ethnic Politics And The Igbo Outcry

Don't Miss

IMF Sympathises With Victims Of Kenya Anti-tax Protest

IMF Urges Nigeria To Stop Electricity Subsidy Amid Economic Concerns

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has reiterated its call for
21 International Airlines Operating In Nigeria

Bad Weather Threatens Domestic Airlines’ Revenue

The revenue of domestic airlines is under threat as the