The market capitalisation of the Nigerian stock exchange closed at N29.69 trillion on Thursday, 16 February 2023, up from Wednesday’s N29.68 trillion.
This is a 0.02 per cent or N7.53 billion increase in the market capitalisation.
It followed the 12.54 basis points gained by the All-Share Index, which appreciated from 54,507.66 ASI to 54,520.2 ASI.
Investors exchanged N3.60 billion for 125.86 million shares in 2,670 deals on Thursday.
It was below the N4.35 billion traded in 2,905 deals for 134.45 million shares on Wednesday.
Top five gainers
- Tripple Gee’s share appreciated by N0.16kobo to rise from N1.65kobo to N1.81kobo per share
- Japaul Gold grew by 7.14 per cent, up from N0.28kobo to N0.30kobo per share
- RT Briscoe ended trading with N0.30kobo from N0.28kobo per share, rising by 7.14 per cent.
- Living Trust gained N0.14kobo to end trading at N2.17kobo, having opened with N2.03 per share.
- Veritas Kapital stock was up by 5 per cent, closing with N0.21kobo from N0.20kobo per share
Top five losers
- Courtville depreciated by 9.62 per cent, dwindling from N0.52kobo to N0.47kobo per share.
- CWG also fell by 8.99 per cent to end trading at N0.81kobo, after opening with N0.89kobo per share.
- NGX Group followed the same path, losing N1.90kobo after trading hours, to sell at N26.50kobo from N28.40kobo per share.
- Wapic reported a decline of 4.65 per cent from the previous day’s share price of N0.43kobo to end trading at N0.41kobo per share.
- Fidelity Bank’s share depreciated to N5.03 from N5.20kobo, after losing N0.17kobo per cent during trading hours.
Top five trading equities in the stock exchange
- GTCO reported 19.17 million shares valued at N481.72 million were traded on its floor
- UBA recorded 14.35 million shares valued at N120.58 million
- Zenith Bank saw investors trade 8.44 million of its shares valued at N214.56 million
- Transcorp recorded 8.39 million shares exchanged on its floor, worth N10.40 million
- Dangote Cement reported 7.20 million shares, valued at N1.94 billion, exchanged investors’ hands
READ ALSO AFTSCAPETOWN2022 AlphaExpo Pitch Competition Winners Go Home With Over $100,000 Worth of Prizes.