The capital market authority, the Nigerian Exchange Limited (NGX), revealed the bourse appreciated by 0.24 per cent or N85.97 billion on Friday.
Following the increase, the Nigerian stock market capitalisation jumped from Thursday’s N35.79 trillion to N35.88 trillion.
The growth was reflected in the All-Share Index, which rose by 157.09 basis points to 65,558.91 ASI, from 65,401.82 index.
Stock traders exchanged N4.23 billion for 356.01 million shares in 6,569 deals on Friday.
However, the day before, the equity traders transacted 583.08 million shares, worth N12.9 billion, in 6,968 deals.
Top five gainers
- SFS REIT share appreciated by N7.60 kobo to rise from N76.20 kobo to N83.80 kobo per share.
- Nascon grew by N4.05, up from N40.70 kobo to N44.75 kobo per share.
- FTN Cocoa ended trading with N1.99 kobo from N1.81 kobo per share, rising by N0.18 kobo
- NEM gained N0.51 kobo to end trading at N5.66 kobo, having opened with N5.15 kobo per share.
- Redstar Express’ share was up by N0.26 kobo, closing at N2.89 kobo from N2.63 kobo per share.
Top five losers
- Prestige depreciated by 9.43 per cent, dwindling from N0.53 kobo to N0.48 kobo per share.
- Tantalizer declined by 9.38 per cent to end trading at N0.29 kobo, after opening at N0.32 kobo per share.
- Omatek followed the same path, losing 9.09 per cent after trading hours, to sell at N0.30 kobo from N0.33 kobo per share.
- Mutual Benefit reported a decline of 8.89 per cent from the previous day’s share price of N0.45 kobo to end trading at N0.41 kobo per share.
- Guinea Insurance’s share depreciated to N0.25 kobo from N0.27 kobo, after losing 7.41 per cent during trading hours.
Top five trading equities in the stock exchange
- Transcorp reported 76.71 million shares, valued at N442.05 million, were traded on its floor.
- Fidelity Bank recorded 52.97 million shares valued at N376.91 million.
- Universal Insurance saw investors trade 17.83 million shares valued at N3.67 million.
- FCMB recorded 16.70 million shares exchanged on its floor, worth N98.79 million.
- Dangote Sugar reported 16.54 million shares, valued at N773.93 million, exchanged investors’ hands.