Nigerian stock exchange closed with N28.76 trillion equity capitalisation on Thursday, which depreciated from N28.81 trillion. The decline represents N57.71 billion loss.
The All-Share Index dropped to 52,821.6 index points, losing 106 basis points from 52,927.6 ASI reported the preceding day.
Equity investors exchanged N9.17 billion in 5,879 deals for 377.13 million shares on Thursday.
The day before, over 455.17 million were traded in 6,635 deals on Wednesday, worth N7.83 billion.
Top five gainers
- FTN Cocoa’s share appreciated by 8.77 per cent to rise from N0.57kobo to N0.62kobo per share.
- Tantalizers grew by 8.33 per cent, up from N0.24kobo to N0.26kobo per share.
- Wapic ended trading with N0.45kobo from N0.42kobo per share, rising by 7.14 per cent.
- Total gained N16 to end trading at N249, having opened with N233 per share.
- RT Briscoe’s stock was up by 5.88 per cent, closing at N0.36kobo from N0.34kobo per share.
Top five losers
- Conoil depreciated by N4.80kobo, dwindling from N48.40kobo to N43.60kobo per share.
- Unilever also fell by N1.30kobo to end trading at N14.40kobo, after opening at N15.70kobo per share.
- Eterna followed the same path, losing N0.45kobo after trading hours, to sell at N6.80kobo from N7.25kobo per share.
- PZ reported a decline of N1.10kobo from the previous day’s share price of N18 to end trading at N16.90kobo per share.
- Japaul Gold’s share depreciated to N0.33kobo from N0.35kobo, after losing 5.71 per cent during trading hours.
Top five trading equities in the stock exchange
- UBA reported 86.17 million shares, valued at N745.86 million, were traded on its floor.
- Access Corporation recorded 67.39 million shares valued at N737.19 million.
- Zenith Bank saw investors trade 39.40 million of its shares valued at N1.05 billion.
- GTCO recorded 30.98 million shares exchanged on its floor, worth N835.97 million.
- Geregu reported 13.10 million shares, valued at N3.91 billion, exchanged investors’ hands.