The capital market ended in a stalemate on Wednesday, with the market capitalisation settling at N27.92 trillion, down by -0.002%.
The slight decline was driven by the All Share Index marginally dropping from 51,803.98 to 51,802.48.
Over 416.46 million shares were exchanged in 4,466 deals, worth N3.45 billion.
Investors had traded 314.61 million shares, worth N12.84 billion, in 4,708 deals on Tuesday.
Top five gainers
- Ikeja Hotels gained N0.11kobo, after its stock price appreciated from N1.10kobo to N1.25kobo per share.
- Royal Exchange reported an uptick of 7.29 percent, as its share rose from N0.96kobo to N1.03 per share.
- NPF Microfinance share went up by N0.12kobo, rising to N1.77kobo from N1.65kobo per share.
- Fidelity Bank saw its share price gain N0.16kobo, increasing to N3.44kobo from N3.28kobo per share.
- Glaxosmith recorded an appreciation of N0.30kobo, after the share went from N6.20kobo to N6.50kobo per share.
Top five losers
- UPL share depreciated by N0.25kobo, dwindling from N2.60kobo to N2.35kobo per share.
- Chams share dropped in value by 8 percent, to settle at N0.23kobo from N0.25kobo per share.
- Linkage Assurance followed the same path, losing 6.90 percent after trading hours, to sell at N0.54kobo from N0.58kobo per share.
- Cutix reported a decline of N0.15kobo in its share, depreciating from N2.40kobo to N2.25kobo per share.
- FTN Cocoa share lost 5.71 percent from previous day’s N0.35kobo, dropping to N0.33kobo per share.
Top five trading equities
- At the end of trading, Mutual Benefit reported 212.50 million shares valued at N53.12 million, were traded on its floor.
- GTCO recorded 42.15 million shares valued at N86.75 million.
- UBA saw investors trade 23.98 million of its shares worth N179.03 million.
- FBN Holdings 23.15 million shares worth N262.17 million were exchanged.
- Access Corporation reported that 22.52 million shares exchanged hands of investors, valued at N208.53 million.