Nigerian Exchange Limited (NGX) ended trading with N180.22 billion gain on Thursday, 23 February 2023, as the market capitalisation grew from N29.58 trillion to N29.76 trillion.
The All-Share Index closed at 54,646.38 ASI, after gaining 330.85 basis points, which increased the index from the 54,315.53 ASI recorded the previous day.
On Thursday, about 142.03 million shares were traded in 2,651 deals worth N1.84 billion.
It was against the 129.91 million shares, worth N3.92 billion, that were traded in 2,678 deals on Wednesday.
Top five gainers
- MRS share appreciated by N2.50kobo to rise from N25.30kobo to N27.80kobo per share
- McNichols grew by 9.09 per cent, up from N0.55kobo to N0.60kobo per share
- BUA Foods ended trading with N81 from N74.40kobo per share, rising by N6.60kobo.
- Cornerstone gained 8.33 per cent to end trading at N0.65kobo, having opened with N0.60kobo per share.
- Transcohot stock was up by N0.45kobo, closing with N6.50kobo from N6.05 per share
Top five losers
- TIP depreciated by 9.09 per cent, dwindling from N0.44kobo to N0.40kobo per share.
- Neimeth also fell by N0.10kobo to end trading at N1.45kobo, after opening with N1.55kobo per share.
- Consolidated Hallmark Insurance followed the same path, losing 6.15 per cent after trading hours, to sell at N0.61kobo from N0.0.65kobo per share.
- Veritas Kapital reported a decline of 4.76 per cent from the previous day’s share price of N0.21kobo to end trading at N0.20kobo per share.
- AIICO’s share depreciated to N0.59kobo from N0.60kobo, after losing 1.67 per cent during trading hours.
Top five trading equities in the stock exchange
- UBA reported 32.42 million shares valued at N272.12 million were traded on its floor
- Courtville recorded 15.97 million shares valued at N7.63 million
- Zenith Bank saw investors trade 11.52 million of its shares valued at N292.13 million
- GTCO recorded 8.61 million shares exchanged on its floor, worth N217.94 million
- Chams reported 6.72 million shares, valued at N1.74 million, exchanged investors’ hands