Protesters In Kano Torch, Loot NCC’s Digital Park

August 1, 2024
by
Kano looting

The ongoing #Endbadgovernance protest has recorded a major casualty in Kano, as protesters in the ancient city of Kano have set ablaze and looted a new Digital Park built by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), carting away computers and furniture.

Videos on social media on Thursday showed some protesters carrying computers and chairs from the yet to be commissioned Park.

Join our WhatsApp Channel

The Minister of Communications, Innovation and Digital Economy, Dr. Bosun Tijani, said the protesters also set the facility ablaze after looting it.

READ ALSO:Protest: IGP Didn’t Order Curfew – Spokesperson

Reacting to the development via a post on X, Tijani said the Digital Park was billed to be commissioned next week. According to him, the facility was built to support the ongoing 3 Million Technical Talent (3MTT) programme of the government.

He said the incidence is a setback for the ongoing programme aimed at empowering 3 million Nigerians with technical skills.

The minister said: “Sad to learn that our Digital Innovation Park in Kano slated for launch next week to support our technical talent accelerator (3MTT) has been set ablaze and looted by protesters.

READ ALSO:Protests Won’t Lower Food Prices, Grow Economy – Sanwo-Olu 

“Alongside #3MTT, this building is set to host our buildathon holiday maker programme for secondary school kids starting next week.

“A slight setback for our journey to deepening our workforce for technology while creating job opportunities for the youth. Millions of naira down the drain.”

+ posts
#EndBadGovernanceInNigeria: Lagos Markets Closed As Business Owners Fear Attack
Previous Story

#EndBadGovernance: Lagos Markets Closed As Business Owners Fear Attack

Canada into quarterfinal despite deductions
Next Story

Olympics: Canada Into Quarterfinals Despite Point Deduction

Featured Stories

Latest from News

Nigerians Lured Into Foreign Wars, FG Warns

The federal government has warned that a growing number of Nigerians are being recruited under false pretences to fight in armed conflicts abroad. In a statement on Sunday, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said some Nigerians had been promised well-paid jobs, security work,

Tinubu Sends Shettima to Kano after Singer Market Fire

President Bola Tinubu has asked Vice-President Kashim Shettima to lead a federal government delegation to the northern city of Kano to commiserate with traders affected by a major fire at the Singer Market. The blaze, which started on Saturday evening and burned
#EndBadGovernanceInNigeria: Lagos Markets Closed As Business Owners Fear Attack
Previous Story

#EndBadGovernance: Lagos Markets Closed As Business Owners Fear Attack

Canada into quarterfinal despite deductions
Next Story

Olympics: Canada Into Quarterfinals Despite Point Deduction

Don't Miss

Missed Flight: Keyamo Orders Probe Into Air Peace, Oshiomhole Clash

Aviation Safety: Minister Summons Heads Of Regulatory Agencies

To address recent safety issues in Nigeria's aviation sector, Minister
Blue Economy: Tinubu Appoints New Executive Directors For NPA, NIMASA

FG, States, LGAs Share N1.1 Trillion As Revenue Allocation For August Amidst Economic Fluctuations

In a dynamic economic landscape marked by fluctuations and uncertainties,