Nigerian bourse traded flat on Thursday, as the stock market capitalisation closed at N29.920 trillion, slightly below Wednesday’s N29.927 trillion.
The All-Share Index sheds 12.03 basis points to decline to 54,924.08 ASI from 54,936.11 ASI.
Over 117.85 million shares exchanged investors’ hands on Thursday in 2,575 deals, worth N1.39 billion.
The day before, investors traded 134.15 billion shares, worth N1.33 billion, in 2,479 deals.
Top five gainers
- Sunu Assurance’s share appreciated by 9.09 per cent to rise from N0.44kobo to N0.48kobo per share
- Transcohot grew by N0.53kobo, up from N6.37kobo to N6.90kobo per share
- Academy ended trading with N1.29kobo from N1.20kobo per share, rising by 7.50 per cent.
- Regal Insurance gained 7.14 per cent to end trading at N0.30kobo, having opened with N0.28kobo per share.
- Associated Bus Transport’s stock was up by 5.71 per cent, closing at N0.37kobo from N0.35kobo per share
Top five losers
- NCR depreciated by N0.26kobo, dwindling from N2.61kobo to N2.35kobo per share.
- Linkage Assurance also fell by 8.70 per cent to end trading at N0.42kobo, after opening with N0.46kobo per share.
- Mansard followed the same path, losing N0.15kobo after trading hours, to sell at N1.85kobo from N2 per share.
- Royal Exchange reported a decline of 4.17 per cent from the previous day’s share price of N0.72kobo to end trading at N0.69obo per share.
- UPDC’s share depreciated to N0.96kobo from N1, after losing 4 per cent during trading hours.
Top five trading equities in the stock exchange
- Transcorp reported 23.39 million shares valued at N31.47 million were traded on its floor
- Fidelity Bank recorded 16.95 million shares valued at N88.16 million
- First Bank saw investors trade 13.06 million of its shares valued at N143.57 million
- Royal Exchange recorded 9.18 million shares exchanged on its floor, worth N6.15 million
- UBA reported 8.99 million shares, valued at N72.19 million, exchanged investors’ hands