Nigerian bourse depreciated by N3.34 billion after the trading session on Monday, 13 March 2023, to close at N30.391 trillion from N30.394 trillion.
This was after the All-Share Index depreciated by -0.01 per cent or 6.14 basis points, as the ASI settled at 55,788.37 ASI, against the previous session’s 55,794.51 ASI.
Similarly, the value of shares traded on Monday fell to N2.54 billion after investors exchanged 179.02 million shares in 4,296 deals.
This was against the 276.03 million shares, worth N8.59 billion, that were traded in 3,467 deals on Friday.
Top five gainers
- UPL’s share appreciated by N0.18kobo to rise from N1.82kobo to N2 per share
- CWG grew by N0.07, up from N0.91kobo to N0.98kobo per share
- Multiverse ended trading with N3.75kobo from N3.57kobo per share, rising by N0.18kobo.
- BUA Foods gained N4 to end trading at N99, having opened with N95 per share.
- Regal Insurance’s stock was up by N0.01, closing at N0.30obo from N0.29kobo per share
Top five losers
- NGX Group depreciated by N2.8kobo, dwindling from N28.8kobo to N26 per share.
- NPF Microfinance Bank also fell by N0.16kobo to end trading at N1.73kobo, after opening with N1.89kobo per share.
- Courtville followed the same path, losing N0.03 after trading hours, to sell at N0.45kobo from N0.48kobo per share.
- Linkage Assurance reported a decline of N0.02 from the previous day’s share price of N0.46kobo to end trading at N0.44kobo per share.
- Royal Exchange’s share depreciated to N0.73kobo from N0.76kobo, after losing N0.03 during trading hours.
Top five trading equities in the stock exchange
- NGX Group reported 38.15 million shares valued at N994.55 million were traded on its floor
- Transcorp recorded 19.73 million shares valued at N26.60 million
- Sterling Bank saw investors trade 15.88 million of its shares valued at N23.08 million
- Zenith Bank recorded 14.83 million shares exchanged on its floor, worth N374.26 million
- UBA reported 13.69 million shares, valued at N112.48 million, exchanged investors’ hands