NCC Halts Impending Telecom Disruption As MTN, Glo Reach Agreement

January 18, 2024
NCC Halts Impending Telecom Disruption As MTN, Glo Reach Agreement

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has announced the suspension of the disconnection of Globacom Limited by MTN Nigerian Communications Plc due to a lingering interconnection debt dispute.

The Commission had issued a 10-day pre-disconnection notice which expired today, 18 January. with the development, it means that MTN will no longer disconnect Globacom as previously planned.

NCC said that while approving the disconnection, it was “deeply conscious of the potential impacts on consumers and engaged both parties to prioritize consumer interest and the smooth operation of the national telecoms network.

Join our WhatsApp Channel

READ ALSO: Breaking: NCC Directs MTN to Cut off Globacom Due to Unpaid Debt

The Commission said that MTN and Glo have reached an agreement to settle all outstanding issues. Consequently, the NCC has exercised its regulatory powers to suspend the phased disconnection for 21 days from January 17, 2024, expecting a resolution within this timeframe.

While urging the involved parties to resolve issues promptly, the NCC emphasized the mandatory settlement of interconnect debts, stressing that compliance with regulatory obligations is essential for all licensees in the telecom industry. Reuben Mouka, Director of Public Affairs at the NCC, signed the announcement.

Emmanuel Ochayi

Emmanuel Ochayi is a journalist. He is a graduate of the University of Lagos, School of first choice and the nations pride. Emmanuel is keen on exploring writing angles in different areas, including Business, climate change, politics, Education, and others.

Forex Crisis: CBN Sells $122.67m To 46 Authorised BDC Operators
Previous Story

CBN Uncovers Forex Abuses, Vows Stringent Actions

Customs Service, FIRS, NUPEC Share N53.5bn For Revenue Collection Costs, FAAC Reveals
Next Story

Customs Service, FIRS, NUPEC Share N53.5bn For Revenue Collection Costs, FAAC Reveals

Featured Stories

Latest from News

Why President Tinubu Rejected Me As Ministerial Nominee – El-Rufai

DSS Links El-Rufai to Disappearance of Critic ‘Dadiyata’

Department of State Services (DSS) has reopened its investigation into the 2019 disappearance of Abubakar Idris, known as Dadiyata, a prominent government critic who vanished from his Kaduna home on 1 August 2019. According to a senior security source, the renewed probe

14 Kebbi Wedding Guests Die in Boat Accident

The Kebbi State government has expressed profound sorrow after a boat accident in Yauri Local Government Area claimed 14 lives, mostly women, following a wedding celebration. Governor Nasir Idris offered condolences to the bereaved families, the Yauri Emirate, and local residents, describing
Criminalising Refusal To Sing Anthem Not Our Priority – Lawyer

Lawmakers, Protesters Lock Horns as Electoral Reform Battle Intensifies

Tension gripped the House of Representatives on Tuesday as lawmakers clashed over the Electoral Act (Repeal and Re-enactment) Bill, 2026, amid mounting protests and growing public scrutiny over provisions relating to electronic transmission of election results, Prime Business Africa reports. A crucial
Forex Crisis: CBN Sells $122.67m To 46 Authorised BDC Operators
Previous Story

CBN Uncovers Forex Abuses, Vows Stringent Actions

Customs Service, FIRS, NUPEC Share N53.5bn For Revenue Collection Costs, FAAC Reveals
Next Story

Customs Service, FIRS, NUPEC Share N53.5bn For Revenue Collection Costs, FAAC Reveals

Don't Miss

Africa Data Centres Begins $500m Investment Journey To Digital Transformation

AFRICA Data Centres, the largest network of interconnected, carrier- and
22 Land Grabbers Arrested, Governor Vows Prosecution

22 Land Grabbers Arrested, Governor Vows Prosecution

The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has said there