Over N82.92 billion was gained by stock investors in Nascon, Conoil and others on Friday, after the equity capitlisation appreciated by 0.28 per cent.
Prime Business Africa gathered that the gain pushed up the market capitalisation from N28.76 trillion to N28.84 trillion.
The All-Share Index settled at 52,973.88 ASI, inching higher by 152.28 basis points from 52,821.6 ASI.
It was learnt that 461.78 million shares, worth N7.66 billion, were exchanged on Friday in 6,520 deals.
This contrasted with the 377.13 million shares traded on the exchange floor on Thursday in 5,879 deals, worth N9.17 billion.
Top five gainers
- Nascon’s share appreciated by N1.40kobo to rise from N14 to N15.40kobo per share.
- Conoil grew by N4.35kobo, up from N43.60kobo to N47.95kobo per share.
- NEM ended trading with N4.32kobo from N4.32kobo per share, rising by N0.43kobo.
- NCR gained N0.27kobo to end trading at N3.06, having opened with N2.79kobo per share.
- FTN Cocoa’s stock was up by 9.68 per cent, closing at N0.68kobo from N0.62kobo per share.
Top five losers
- Sovereign depreciated by 7.69 per cent, dwindling from N0.39kobo to N0.36kobo per share.
- Mutual Benefit also fell by 5.56 per cent to end trading at N0.34kobo, after opening at N0.36kobo per share.
- NGX Group followed the same path, losing N1.15kobo after trading hours, to sell at N27.35kobo from N28.50kobo per share.
- Royal Exchange reported a decline of 4 per cent from the previous day’s share price of N0.50kobo to end trading at N0.48kobo per share.
- Tantalizer’s share depreciated to N0.25kobo from N0.26kobo, after losing 3.85 per cent during trading hours.
Top five trading equities in the stock exchange
- UBA reported 59.40 million shares, valued at N529.10 million, were traded on its floor.
- Access Corporation recorded 51.49 million shares valued at N581.16 million.
- Zenith Bank saw investors trade 50.01 million of its shares valued at N1.34 billion.
- GTCO recorded 41.03 million shares exchanged on its floor, worth N1.11 billion.
- Transcorp reported 29.64 million shares, valued at N87.65 million, exchanged investors’ hands.