Moises Caicedo’s agent has exonerated himself from any blames in the transfer fiasco that saw his client remaining at Brighton despite links to Arsenal.
The Premier League leaders saw two bids for the 21-year-old rejected in the January transfer window, reported at £60m and £70m respectively, as Brighton refused to sell the 21-year-old before the end of this season.
Caicedo’s agent admitted that the young midfielder has dreamed his whole life of playing for a club like Arsenal.
After Albion rebuffed Arsenal’s second bid on Friday (January 27), Caicedo released a passionate social media post in which he pleaded with the club to let him leave.
Critics believed the post had been written by Caicedo’s new agent, Manuel Sierra, who is a part of the Futbol Division agency, one of the biggest football agent companies in South America.
READ ALSO: We Are Not Behind Caicedo’s Request To Leave Brighton – Arsenal
However, Sierra on Thursday defended himself on Ecuadorian media station Marca90Ec, claiming that the move had been Caicedo’s ‘dream his whole life’, rather than being something entirely agent-driven.
Sierra said: “The offers were received, you see what is on the table and Moisés [Caicedo] says that he wants to go forward, that it is the dream of his whole life. That it is an opportunity that may not be repeated in life
“And we helped draft the [Instagram and Twitter] statement. In that statement, he expresses his wish and his gratitude to the club because they gave him the chance to fulfil his dream of playing in the Premier League. We don’t know what can happen tomorrow, maybe he trains and gets injured. We can’t know what’s going to happen.”