Meta To Sack Employees In Africa, Europe, Asia Starting Monday

February 10, 2025
Meta Warns Users Against  Holiday Shopping Scam

Meta, the parent company of Facebook, Thread, WhatsApp and Instagram, has announced plans to sack more employees across its operations in Africa, Europe, and Asia starting Monday (today).

This was made known in an internal memo sent to the company’s staff on Friday.

Join our WhatsApp Channel

Affected employees will receive notices beginning at 5 a.m. local time on Monday in most countries, including the United States, according to one of the posts by Meta’s Head of People, Janelle Gale.

The statement revealed that Meta employees in Germany, France, Italy, and the Netherlands will be excluded from the downsising “due to local regulations,” while workers in more than a dozen other European, Asian, and African nations will receive notifications between 11 February and 18 February.

It would be recalled that Meta had stated last month that it planned to cut roughly 5% of its “lowest performers” and fill at least part of the positions.

Victor Ezeja

Victor Ezeja is a passionate journalist with seven years of experience writing on economy, politics and energy. He holds a Master's degree in Mass Communication.

Warri Refinery
Previous Story

Why Warri, Port Harcourt Refineries Not Producing PMS As Import Continues – Expert 

Financial Expert Says Stable Forex Regime Will trigger Nigerian Breweries, Others’ Return To Profitability In 2024
Next Story

Captive Electricity: No Need To Build Another Power Plant In Aba, Engineers Advise Nigerian Breweries

Featured Stories

Latest from News

Kenya to Begin Administering HIV Prevention Drug

Kenya will begin rolling out a new HIV-prevention drug in March, in what health officials have described as a major step forward in the fight against the virus. The drug, lenacapavir, is taken just twice a year and has been shown in
2023 Elections: Governors, Candidates Who Won, Lost At Supreme Court

Ebonyi Governor Eases Curfew After Deadly Attack

The governor of Ebonyi State, Francis Nwifuru, has relaxed a curfew in Amasiri, in Afikpo Local Government Area, following a deadly attack in a neighbouring community. The new curfew now runs from 6pm to 7am, replacing the earlier restriction that kept residents
Warri Refinery
Previous Story

Why Warri, Port Harcourt Refineries Not Producing PMS As Import Continues – Expert 

Financial Expert Says Stable Forex Regime Will trigger Nigerian Breweries, Others’ Return To Profitability In 2024
Next Story

Captive Electricity: No Need To Build Another Power Plant In Aba, Engineers Advise Nigerian Breweries

Don't Miss

Obi Urges Supporters To Remain Calm, Focused On Struggle For New Nigeria 

Nigerian Leaders Spend Dollars To Buy Delegates But Owe Workers – LP Presidential Candidate Obi

Peter Obi said leaders are busy spending the country's money
Oil Liquid 2

Crude Oil Prices Hit Seven-year High As OPEC, Allies disagree on Production

Following the failure of the Organisation of Petroleum Producing Countries