Hoodlums Cart Away N30m Goods At Ikota Shopping Complex, Lagos

April 1, 2023

A shop in Ikota Shopping Complex belonging to Dr. Helen Eto, CEO, Superior Mobile Investment Ltd and iClick Gadgets was earlier this month broken into by hoodlums who stole ₦30 million worth of goods.

Dr Eto is said to have been doing business peacefully at the Ikota Shopping Complex which borders Victoria Garden City (VGC), Lekki Peninsula, Lagos.

Join our WhatsApp Channel

The shopping facility, that has about 1,850 shops, run by HFP Engineering Ltd, was invaded by robbers in the early hours of March 7th, 2023, despite the presence security guards.

Finesse Security Ltd guards claimed that they forgot to lock the gate of the facility, allowing the hoodlums to cart away about N30 million phones and other goods from Mrs. Eto’s freshly restocked shop.

The owners have in the meantime, reported the security firm to police for proper investigations into what happened.

The woman who is the wife of Omokioja Julius Eto, Chairman, Editorial Board of The Daily Times, while lamenting her ordeal to the police in Ajah and Panti, Yaba said: “We took bank loans for the business plus our life savings all of which are gone. This is a wicked plan against us in our old age with children still in school, other dependants and various bills.

“We plead that the police should help us to get to the bottom of the looting to save us from early deaths as our BPs have shot up sharply because this is our main source of livelihood. A list of the goods looted from the shop was/is attached to my statements at Ajah Police Station and SIB, Yaba.

Mr Eto, who corroborated his wife’s account of the incident, .expressed shock at how the hoodlums beat security in the shopping complex and succeeded in stealing huge quantity of goods, in the shopping facility.

“The robbery is shocking because the security gate is inaccessible even to shop owners at night, our shop is just a stone’s throw from the gate and it would have taken about at least two hours to cut through the shop’s security system.

“This makes us to strongly see the guards as the main suspects. We were not immediately notified by the security firm or the facility managers (HFP) of the robbery which we only got to be aware of at about 8.20am through one of our employees,” he stated.

“Since the break-in on March 7 till today March 30, Finesse Security Ltd has not called to sympathize with us but has been evading our calls and texts to its MD whom we learnt travelled abroad after the robbery.

“We have been doing everything to support the police investigation despite our predicament and hope they will bring the culprits to justice,” Mr Etoo stated

Victor Ezeja

Victor Ezeja is a passionate journalist with seven years of experience writing on economy, politics and energy. He holds a Master's degree in Mass Communication.

Business Mogul Warns Abia ex-commissioner, Ubani, Against Allegation of Stealing State Fund
Previous Story

Business Mogul Warns Abia ex-commissioner, Ubani, Against Allegation of Stealing State Fund

Court Suspends Order Barring Abure, Other LP Excos From Office
Next Story

Labour Party Debunks Suspension Of National Chairman Abure

Featured Stories

Latest from News

Criminalising Refusal To Sing Anthem Not Our Priority – Lawyer

National Assembly Approves N1.5tn Budget for Army

The National Assembly has approved a budget of N1.50 trillion for the Nigerian Army for the 2026 fiscal year, pledging legislative support to ensure funds are released promptly for operational use. The Nigerian Army’s budget for 2026 has been increased by around

Senator Natasha Protests Exclusion from Key Senate Committee

Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, representing Kogi Central, has raised concerns over what she describes as a sustained pattern of marginalisation within the Senate, following her alleged exclusion from the Senate Committee on the North Central Development Commission (NCDC). The senator’s complaint comes amid
Business Mogul Warns Abia ex-commissioner, Ubani, Against Allegation of Stealing State Fund
Previous Story

Business Mogul Warns Abia ex-commissioner, Ubani, Against Allegation of Stealing State Fund

Court Suspends Order Barring Abure, Other LP Excos From Office
Next Story

Labour Party Debunks Suspension Of National Chairman Abure

Don't Miss

We Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos Police

We Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos – Police

The Nigeria Police Force on Wednesday, 31st July 2024, said
Gov. sanwo Olu 1

FG Restarts Conditional Cash Transfer In Lagos

THE Federal Government on Saturday restarted its Conditional Cash Transfer