Nigerian bourse appreciated in value by 0.25 per cent on Friday, after Glaxo SmithKline (GSK), CWG and others on the gainers’ list added N88.72 billion to the market capitalisation.
Consequently, the stock market capitalisation increased to N35.57 trillion from N35.48 trillion, according to a report obtained from the capital market authority, Nigerian Exchange Limited (NGX).
The All-Share Index inched higher from 65,204.82 ASI, after gaining 120.55 basis points, to 65,325.37 ASI.
Investors traded 489.69 million shares, worth N8.36 billion, in 5,804 deals on Friday, contrasting with the 361.19 million shares traded in 5,531 deals, worth N5.74 billion, the previous day.
Top five gainers
- SFSREIT’s share appreciated by N6.90 kobo to rise from N69.30 kobo to N76.20 kobo per share.
- CWG grew by N0.27 kobo, up from N2.75 kobo to N3.02 per share.
- Glaxo SmithKline ended trading with N10.10 kobo from N9.20 kobo per share, rising by N0.90 kobo.
- TIP gained 9.30 per cent to end trading at N0.94 kobo, having opened with N0.86 kobo per share.
- Cornerstone’s stock was up by N0.10 kobo, closing at N1.18 kobo from N1.08 per share.
Top five losers
- Enalmelwa depreciated by N1.95 kobo, dwindling from N19.50 kobo to N17.55 kobo per share.
- Veritas Kapital declined by 10 per cent kobo to end trading at N0.27 kobo, after opening at N0.30 kobo per share.
- Prestige followed the same path, losing 9.80 per cent after trading hours, to sell at N0.46 kobo from N0.51 kobo per share.
- RT Briscoe reported a decline of 8.51 per cent from the previous day’s share price of N0.47 kobo to end trading at N0.43 kobo per share.
- Mutual Benefit’s share depreciated to N0.47 kobo from N0.51 kobo, after losing 7.84 per cent during trading hours.
Top five trading equities in the stock exchange
- Sterling Financial Holdings reported 86.11 million shares, valued at N298.87 million, were traded on its floor.
- Transcorp recorded 66.57 million shares valued at N250.09 million.
- Universal Insurance saw investors trade 54.84 million shares valued at N12.12 million.
- Living Trust recorded 24.80 million shares exchanged on its floor, worth N67.21 million.
- Fidelity Bank reported 21.47 million shares, valued at N163.29 million, exchanged investors’ hands.