On Thursday, the Nigerian bourse appreciated by 0.03 per cent or N11.43 billion, closing at N30.40 trillion, from N30.39 trillion.
The All-Share Index rose slightly by 21 basis points to close at 55,822.14 ASI, up from the previous day’s 55,801.14 ASI.
Data from the stock market showed over 311.47 million shares, worth N3.09 billion, were traded in 3,627 deals on Thursday.
It contrasted with the 152.74 million shares exchanged in 3,293 deals on Wednesday, worth N3.57 billion.
Top five gainers
- Transcorp’s share appreciated by N0.11kobo to rise from N1.27kobo to N1.38kobo per share
- Royal Exchange grew by 5.63 per cent, up from N0.71kobo to N0.75kobo per share
- Champion Brew ended trading with N5 from N4.78kobo per share, rising by N0.22kobo.
- Living Trust gained N0.12kobo to end trading at N2.97kobo, having opened with N2.85kobo per share.
- Chams’ stock was up by 4 per cent, closing at N0.26kobo from N0.25kobo per share
Top five losers
- NCR depreciated by N0.29kobo, dwindling from N2.92kobo to N2.63kobo per share.
- Conoil also fell by N4.65kobo to end trading at N42.20kobo, after opening with N46.85kobo per share.
- UPL followed the same path, losing N0.18kobo after trading hours, to sell at N1.82kobo from N2 per share.
- Prestige reported a decline of 8.89 per cent from the previous day’s share price of N0.45kobo to end trading at N0.41kobo per share.
- Ardova’s share depreciated to N15.95kobo from N17.40kobo, after losing N1.45obo during trading hours.
Top five trading equities in the stock exchange
- Transcorp reported 179.84 million shares valued at N239.24 million were traded on its floor
- GTCO recorded 41.39 million shares valued at N1.09 billion
- Zenith Bank saw investors trade 18.49 million of its shares valued at N480.36 million
- Stanbic IBTC recorded 7.95 million shares exchanged on its floor, worth N317.98 million
- Sterling Bank reported 6.73 million shares, valued at N10.10 million, exchanged investors’ hands