The market capitalisation grew to N26.53 trillion on Wednesday, rising by 0.05%, from the N26.51 trillion the Nigerian stock market capitalisation ended Tuesday with.
The All-Share Index rose to 49,171.7 ASI after appreciating by 10.25 basis points from the 49,161.45 ASI it ended trading the previous day.
About 101.56 million shares exchanged investors’ hands in 3,981 deals, worth N1.19 billion, in contrast to the 206.20 million shares, valued at N2.36 billion, that was traded in 3,777 deals on Tuesday.
Top five gainers
- Chams share appreciated by 8 percent to rise from N0.25kobo to N0.27kobo per share.
- Ardova stock grew N0.95kobo, up from N12.80kobo to N13.75kobo per share.
- Sovereign Insurance ended trading with N0.29kobo from N0.28kobo per share, rising by 3.57 percent.
- BUA Cement gained 1.55 percent to end trading at N52, having opened with N50.45kobo.
- Jaiz Bank’s stock was up by 2.70 percent, closing with N0.76kobo from N0.74kobo per share.
Top five losers
- Japaul Gold depreciated by 10 percent, dwindling from N0.30kobo to N0.27kobo per share.
- Royal Exchange also fell by N0.10kobo to end trading at N0.92kobo, after opening with N1.02 per share.
- Consolidated Hallmark Insurance followed the same path, losing 8.62 percent after trading hours, to sell at N0.53kobo from N0.58kobo per share.
- RT Briscoe reported a decline of 8.57 percent from previous day’s share price of N0.35kobo to end trading at N0.32kobo per share.
- Fidson share depreciated to N9.20kobo from N9.95kobo, after losing N0.75kobo during trading hours.
Top five trading equities in stock exchange
- GTCO reported 14.33 million shares valued at N259.04 million were traded on its floor.
- Zenith Bank recorded 11.55 million shares valued at N228.90 million.
- FBN Holdings saw investors trade 6.27 million of its shares valued at N61.23 million.
- Transcorp recorded 6.19 million shares exchanged on its floor, worth N6.26 million.
- Chams reported 5.70 million shares valued at N1.48 million exchanged investors’ hands.