The market capitalisation fell marginally at the close of business on Friday, losing N3.40 billion, to settle at N27.803 trillion, having closed previous trading day with N27.806 trillion.
Nigerian bourse market cap dip following a decline in the All Share Index, that depreciated slightly to 51,557.41 ASI, from 51,563.73, after losing 7.19 basis points.
In the same vein, the capital market closed with 115.13 million shares, valued at N1.77 billion, exchanged investors’ hands in 3,479 deals.
It trailed the 143.28 million shares, worth N1.75 billion, that was traded in 3,718 deals on Thursday
Top five gainers
- Caverton gained N0.11kobo, after its stock price appreciated from N1.11kobo to N1.22kobo per share.
- Academy reported an uptick of N0.17kobo, as its share rose from N1.72kobo to N1.89kobo per share.
- Neimeth share went up by N0.14kobo, rising to N1.63kobo from N1.49kobo per share.
- Courtville saw its share price gain 6.52 percent, increasing to N0.49kobo from N0.46kobo per share.
- UPDC recorded an appreciation of 5.98 percent, after the share went from N1.17kobo to N1.24kobo per share.
Top five losers
- Nahco share depreciated by N0.68kobo, dwindling from N9.30kobo to N8.62kobo per share.
- Cornerstone share dropped in value by 5.48 percent, to settle at N0.69kobo from N0.73kobo per share.
- Consolidated Hallmark Insurance followed the same path, losing 4 percent after trading hours, to sell at N0.72kobo from N0.75kobo per share.
- Japaul Gold reported a decline of 3.57 percent in its share, depreciating from N0.28kobo to N0.27kobo per share.
- Transcorp share lost 3.13 percent from previous day’s N1.28kobo, dropping to N1.24kobo per share.
Top five trading equities
- GTCO reported 17.85 million shares valued at N364.38 million, were traded on its floor.
- UBA recorded 14.33 million shares valued at N107.78 million.
- Zenith Bank saw investors trade 8.35 million of its shares worth N183.62 million.
- Sterling Bank 7.51 million shares worth N11.16 million were exchanged.
- Access Corporation reported that 6.34 million shares exchanged hands of investors, valued at N60.35 million.