JAMB Halts Registration For 2023 Direct Entry

February 22, 2023
JAMB To Release 2024 UTME Results This Week

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) on Tuesday suspended the 2023 Direct Entry registration, which began on Monday, February 20, till further notice.

A statement yesterday in Abuja by the board’s Head of Public Affairs and Protocol, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, said the suspension was to enable the deployment of certain measures designed to better serve prospective candidates.

Join our WhatsApp Channel

He said a new date and fresh registration procedures would be announced in due course. The new procedure would include the upload of JAMB admission letter in the case of OND and NCE admission.

READ ALSO:ICPC re-arrests ex-JAMB registrar, Ojerinde

It would entail the upload of letter issued by universities in the case of university Diploma, and admission letter issued by ‘A’ Level examination bodies, he explained.

The registration, which began on Monday, Feb 20, was initially scheduled to end on Thursday, April 20.

Benjamin advised candidates to note that only JAMB offices nationwide were approved to register them for Direct Entry.

“Candidates are also to note that only JAMB offices are approved to register them for Direct Entry,” the statement added.

The board had also extended the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) registration exercise by one week starting from 15 February.

Mr Benjamin said that by extension, the sale of ePINs would end on Monday, 20 February, while the UTME registration would end on Wednesday, 22 February.

Mr Benjamin said the board, thereafter, granted the extension to ensure that all candidates who desired to register for the 2023 UTME were allowed to do so “especially when the extant challenges were not of their own making.”

 

 

 

Somto Bisina
+ posts
Nigerian Army Approved Election Emergency Numbers
Previous Story

Nigerian Army Approves Election Emergency Numbers

2023 Election: NYSC Deploys 200,000 Members
Next Story

2023 Election: NYSC Deploys 200,000 Members

Featured Stories

Latest from News

Criminalising Refusal To Sing Anthem Not Our Priority – Lawyer

National Assembly Approves N1.5tn Budget for Army

The National Assembly has approved a budget of N1.50 trillion for the Nigerian Army for the 2026 fiscal year, pledging legislative support to ensure funds are released promptly for operational use. The Nigerian Army’s budget for 2026 has been increased by around

Senator Natasha Protests Exclusion from Key Senate Committee

Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, representing Kogi Central, has raised concerns over what she describes as a sustained pattern of marginalisation within the Senate, following her alleged exclusion from the Senate Committee on the North Central Development Commission (NCDC). The senator’s complaint comes amid

BUA Group Signs Strategic Partnership with UAE Firms

BUA Group has signed a strategic Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with UAE-based AD Ports Group and MAIR Group in Abu Dhabi, in a deal aimed at strengthening industrial development, trade, and logistics between West Africa, the Gulf, and Asia. The agreement follows

Starmer Eyes Billions in Extra Defence Spending

Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer is reportedly exploring plans to accelerate the UK’s defence spending, potentially committing billions of pounds more than previously planned. Downing Street sources say the proposals aim to meet an existing target of 3% of gross domestic product
Nigerian Army Approved Election Emergency Numbers
Previous Story

Nigerian Army Approves Election Emergency Numbers

2023 Election: NYSC Deploys 200,000 Members
Next Story

2023 Election: NYSC Deploys 200,000 Members

Don't Miss

Tinubu Mourns Late Business Mogul, Aminu Dantata

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has expressed deep sorrow over the
stampede

Stampedes, Hunger, And Distractions: Nigeria’s Looming Crisis

Recent stampedes at Christmas charity events in Nigeria have tragically